The Tuberculosis and Chest Service provides services for clients with tuberculosis or other chest diseases, as well as implements control and preventive measures against these diseases.
1. Surveillance and control of tuberculosis.
2. Outpatient service for clients with tuberculosis and other chest diseases.
3. Providing directly observed treatment with tuberculosis.
4. Health educational and promotional activities in relation to tuberculosis control, lung diseases and general health aspects.
5. BCG vaccination programme for newborns.
6. Assessment, preventive, curative and rehabilitative services for clients with pneumoconiosis.
7. Research on tuberculosis and other chest diseases to look for better measures in the fight against these diseases.
For more information about the Chest Clinics, please visit the http://www.info.gov.hk/tb_chest/contents/c614_1July2007.htm
For more information about tuberculosis in Hong Kong, please visit the http://www.info.gov.hk/tb_chest/eindex.htm