While taking antibiotic which is necessary to cure your infection, the antibiotic also kills the normal bacteria in your body and predisposes you to acquire more resistant bacteria.
Therefore, you should enhance your personal hygiene to protect the health of you and your family:
- Practise frequent hand hygiene
- Eat or drink only thoroughly cooked and boiled items
- Disinfect and cover all wounds
- Wear mask if you have respiratory infection symptoms
- Young children with symptoms of infection should minimize contact with other children