Extension of Free Measles Vaccination Mop-up Programme for Foreign Domestic Helpers Working in Hong Kong
The period of this programme is now extended. Please refer to the updated clinics and vaccination venues below and book the appointment early.
Provision of measles vaccination to foreign domestic helpers
The Government provides free measles vaccination services* to foreign domestic helpers, at designated clinics and group/ outreach vaccination activities via outsourced private medical organisations.
*The “Measles, Mumps and Rubella Vaccines” (MMR vaccine) used in the Mop-up Programme were procured by the Government of the HKSAR from one of the suppliers of registered MMR vaccines in Hong Kong, Merck Sharp & Dohme (Asia) Ltd (MSD). As this batch of vaccines was originally not intended for supply to Hong Kong, the packing is only labelled in Spanish. Nonetheless, they were manufactured by the same manufacturer with the same master formula (including gelatin originated from porcine skin collagen as one of the inactive ingredients) and finished product specifications as the MMR vaccine registered in Hong Kong by MSD
Eligibility to receive free measles vaccinations
Persons with laboratory evidence of immunity (i.e. tested positive for measles immunoglobulin G) do not require MMR vaccination. Foreign domestic helpers working in Hong Kong who do not have laboratory evidence of immunity and fulfill the following criteria are eligible for free MMR vaccination:
(1) Born in or after 1967, and have not received two doses of measles vaccination before, and did not have laboratory confirmed measles infection; or
(2) Have laboratory evidence of tested non-immune to measles (i.e. tested negative/indeterminate for measles immunoglobulin G).
Documents to bring along for vaccination^
(1) Employment contract or working visa; and
(2) Hong Kong Identity Card or Passport
^ The outsourced private medical organisation will transfer a copy of the above-mentioned documents to the Department of Health for identity verification and record purposes
Prior booking for vaccination is necessary. Eligible foreign domestic helpers can make appointments for the first and/ or second dose of MMR vaccination from now on. Please refer to information below about clinics and group/ outreach vaccination venues.
Clinics providing MMR vaccination service (will be updated regularly)
Group/ outreach venues providing MMR vaccination service (will be updated regularly)
Steps of receiving MMR vaccination
(1) Select a designated clinic or group/ outreach vaccination venue in any region
(2) Call the designated phone number for enquiry and booking an appointment
(3) Bring the employment contract or working visa; and the Hong Kong Identity Card or Passport when going to receive vaccinations
(4) Read the information about measles vaccination provided by the service provider
(5) Complete the screening questionnaire provided by the service provider, for healthcare workers to assess the suitability for vaccination
(6) Sign the Consent Form at the vaccination venue
(7) Receive MMR vaccination
(8) Receive a vaccination card with details recorded: name of recipient, type of vaccine, date of vaccination and name of service provider