Spectrum of work:
- Develop, promulgate and evaluate best practices in infection control at health care and non-health care settings;
- Coordinate, facilitate and support training in infection control for all levels of health care staff and personnel in health care settings;
- Support epidemiological investigation of unusual infections and nosocomial infections in hospitals;
- Conduct surveillance on infection hazards in health care and non-health care setting;
- Develop infectious disease management protocols; and
- Support quality management of infectious diseases with public health perspective.