- Develop contingency plans and conduct exercises and drills to enhance the overall preparedness and response for public health crisis;
- Coordinate with various DH services and other Government Departments and participate in public health emergency response;
- Coordinate the formulation of CHP’s objectives/strategies, networking and logistics for major cross-Branch functions of CHP;
- Plan, implement and enhance various vaccination programmes, including seasonal influenza, pneumococcal and school immunization of the Hong Kong Childhood Immunization Programme;
- Coordinate and support applied research projects in communicable disease as it relates to the CHP/DH; and
- Support and collaborate on health advisory and liaison activities with District Councils and District Offices.